This SHFCA Briefing, hosted by Anderson Strathern, will set out the current thinking on the role for Green and Blue Hydrogen in meeting Scotland’s ambitions for rapid decarbonisation of the energy system and delivering Net Zero emissions by 2045.
There is a considerable amount of work now underway on hydrogen initiatives in Scotland. Underpinning this activity is Scottish Energy Strategy, together with the recent report in May 2019 by the UK CCC on Net Zero – The UK’s contribution to stopping global warming and the response from the Scottish Government with their revised target for a Net Zero Scotland by 2045.
The recent Annual Energy Statement by the Scottish Government in May 2019 sets out progress and plans for delivering Scotland's energy strategy. Green hydrogen produced from renewables, and blue hydrogen from SMR-CCS with a low carbon footprint, will both play a key role in delivering Scotland’s Net Zero ambitions. The speakers include:
- Bruce Farquhar, Anderson Strathern: Welcome & opening comments
- David Joffe, UK Committee on Climate Change: Hydrogen for Net Zero
- Stuart McKay, Scottish Government: Approach to Hydrogen Policy
- Alan James, Pale Blue Dot: Scaling up Blue Hydrogen with the Acorn project
- Jon Clipsham, EMEC Hydrogen: Scaling up with Green Hydrogen on Orkney
- Neil Amner, Anderson Strathern: Logistics & Infrastructure Opportunities
The speaker presentations will be followed by a question & answer session. There will also be opportunities to meet the speakers before and after the event during networking.
This event is now fully subscribed.